Creating a new Theme is easy.
Head to the Theme panel and click on the + New Theme button in the top-left-hand corner of the page, before entering a name for your Theme.
Now select one of the following options:
- Start with a predesigned Theme
- Clone an existing Theme
- Start with a blank Theme
If you decide to start with a predesigned Theme, you will be able to select one of six preset Themes.
These Themes use different layouts and design options, but other settings are the same for all of them. These settings are:
- Caption is enabled and includes a placeholder text: Your caption will appear here
- Hyper Zoom is enabled to the maximum level
- Full-screen mode is enabled with a Full-screen button
- Sharing is enabled and all the sharing options are available
- Right-click and screenshot-deterrent protection are enabled
- Custom Button and Watermark are disabled
After creating the new Theme, you will be able to edit and adjust all these settings.
If you decide to create a new Theme by cloning an existing Theme, you will be able to select any of the existing Themes to copy. Once you do this, a new Theme will be created with exactly the same settings as the old one. You will be able to edit it, which includes switching certain features on or off, without affecting the SmartFrames that use the original Theme.
If you decide to create a new Theme by starting with the Blank Theme, a new Theme will be created with all the features switched off. This means that you will not be able to see a caption or any buttons on the SmartFrame preview, and other functionalities will not be available (such as Hyper Zoom, Full-screen mode, Watermark, Out of focus and so on). From that point, you will be able to edit the Theme to create the desired result.
Here’s an example of a SmartFrame that uses a Blank Theme: