Enabling SmartFrame sharing adds a Share Button to the theme. After clicking on the button, a user will see the available sharing options and will be able to share the SmartFrame on social media, via email or text message.
In the Admin Panel, you can:
- Manage the icon and label of the Share Button
- Select which sharing options to allow
- Edit a copyright message which will be displayed next to the sharing options
The exact design of the Custom Button depends on the design of the whole theme, as defined in the Design section.
Using SmartFrame sharing option does not compromise your images’ security in any way. When sharing a SmartFrame, it is never your original image that is being shared. What is being share is only a very small .jpg thumbnail of your image along with a link to the SF Image Page or other page defined in the social media, email and direct link settings in Control section of the Admin Panel.
Currently, SmartFrame supports the following sharing options:
- Social media sharing – exact appearance and behavior of social media posts depends on the Social Media settings in Control.
- Direct link – generates a unique sharing link. Depending on the Direct Link settings in Control, the link will open either the page where the image is embedded or a standalone Image Page
- WhatsApp – this option will only be visible on mobile devices and it enables sharing a link to the URL where the image is embedded via WhatsApp
- Text message – this option will only be visible on mobile devices and it enables sharing a link to the URL where the image is embedded via text message
- Embedding – this option is only available on desktop devices. When the viewer selects it, they will receive an embed code which they can add to their own website. You will still be able to see this SmartFrame in Insights and change its theme or block it as well as display campaigns on it.
- Email – this option is only be visible on desktop devices. You can add a newsletter opt-in checkbox to this option, which means that users who will share your embed via email will also be able to instantly agree to receive your newsletter. Depending on the Email settings in Control, the link shared via email will open either the page where image is embedded or a standalone Image Page.
In order to preview how the Share Button and sharing options will look like on an actual SmartFrame, you can click on the Preview button at the bottom of the page. It will open a full preview of the theme, including the changes you’ve just made, even before you save them. The preview is fully interactive, so you can click on the Share Button to see how the sharing options will be displayed. Once you’re happy with the results, you can save the changes by clicking on the Save button.