A theme is an overlay of interactive features that control how your SmartFrames appear and behave for your audience. You can use themes in order to:
- Include a caption text of any length to accompany your images – captions in SmartFrames are optimised to handle both very short and very long descriptions.
- Differentiate how SmartFrames are displayed to registered and non-registered users
- Enable or disable sharing your SmartFrames on social media and through other channels
- Link your SmartFrames to your social profile, online store or your website
Here’s an example of how a theme can look like on a SmartFrame:
In Admin Panel Themes section, you can edit existing themes and create new ones, using the following settings:
- Layout – select the layout and mouse-over behaviour of the theme
- Design – style the buttons and caption
- Caption – add an image caption and define its contents
- Full Screen – manage desktop full screen settings
- Deep Zoom – manage desktop zoom settings
- Call to Action Button – add a button with a custom label and link
- Sharing – add a Share Button and select which sharing options to enable for your SmartFrames
- Watermark – add an image or text watermark to improve your SmartFrames security
- Right-Click Deterrent – edit a deterrent message which will be displayed when someone right-clicks on your embed
- Out of Focus – add an overlay which covers the image when it’s out of focus, preventing most screenshot attempts
- Image as Link – turn your image into a link
Themes and small embeds
Some elements of the Theme, such as buttons and/or caption, will not be visible if the size of an embed is smaller than 320x120px. These embeds will still be protected against being downloaded or copied and it will be possible to zoom them, provided the original image is large enough for zooming to work.
Selecting a theme for SF Embed
You can select which theme to use for each SmartFrame individually in the Insights section or you can define it directly in Image Manager when copying the embed code. If not selected otherwise, each SmartFrame will use the default theme.
You can change the theme of any SF Embeds at any time, regardless of the exact page or domain where they’re published. To do it, find the SmartFrame in the Embed Report in Insights and simply select the theme you want to use from the dropdown next to the embed or on the embed page.
Selecting a theme for SF Web Component
If you have SF Web Component installed, your embeds will automatically be embedded using the default theme. In order to change the theme you’re using for a specific embed, you need to add a theme attribute to the smart-frame tag, e.g. <smart-frame image-id=”sample_ID” embedded theme=”my_theme”>