About the plugin
WordPress plugin allows you to publish images in a SmartFrame format directly from inside of WordPress, without having to upload them to the Admin Panel first.
How to get started with the WordPress plugin
- Download the plugin and install it on your WordPress page according to the installation guidelines
- Start using the plugin without registration or if you want to create a new SmartFrame account you can register for free. You can also connect your existing account by providing your SmartFrame access code from SmartFrame Admin Panel > My Account > Integrations.
Your plugin is now active and you can start using it. You will be able to publish images as SmartFrames on your WordPress page and you will have access to the SmartFrame Admin Panel if you want to explore more possibilities of SmartFrame.
Using the WordPress plugin
Once you connect your plugin to your SmartFrame account, you can start using it straight away:
- Inside of WordPress, go to the page or post where you want to add a SmartFrame image
- Click on the Add Media button as you would normally do when adding an image
- Upload a new image or select one from your Media Library – remember to use high-quality images so they look great on large displays. Don’t worry about the file size!
- In Attachment Details or inside the Gutenberg editor, you will see on the right side menu the SmartFrame Settings section – make sure that Use as SmartFrame checkbox is selected
- Optionally, you can select which Theme you want to use: Presentation, Security or Blank (if you are a registered user and you have created custom themes in the Admin Panel already, they will also be available here)
- Optionally, add an image caption – if you leave this field empty, the caption bar will not be displayed
If you want all your images to automatically be published in the SmartFrames format, you can select the option Use SmartFrame for images larger than… on the plugin settings page. Here you can also define what is the smallest size of the image for which you want to use SmartFrame – keep in mind that while image security options apply to all images, the interactive elements will not be visible on image smaller than 320x200px.
Upgrading to a Pro plan
As a WordPress plugin user, you can start with a free SmartFrame account which includes 2GB of storage space for your images. You can always see how much storage space you have left on the plugin page inside of WordPress.
If you need more space or if you want to remove SmartFrame branding from your images, you can upgrade to a Pro plan, which costs €14 a month. Read more about SmartFrame pricing plans.
Check out SmartFrame Admin Panel
SmartFrame plugin for WordPress was designed and built in a way that you can easily use it without ever having to visit the SmartFrame Admin Panel. However, we really encourage you to give it a try, as it gives you access to many extra features which can’t be accessed via the plugin.
In the Insights section, you can track how your images perform. We collect viewing data, clicks, interactions and many more. You can also find out on what pages your images are being embedded if someone decides to add them to their page. All these data are available for all the images you’ve added to WordPress and you can access them at any time for free.
When you create a SmartFrame account, you will be able to immediately start using one of three existing Themes: Presentation, Security or Blank. However, using the Admin Panel, you are able to create custom themes. This means adding or removing elements and features such as Share Button, Caption or Watermark. You can also change the way these elements look and behave – from changing the colors of the buttons to their mouse-over behavior.
Campaigns give you a possibility to display your ads directly on your images, wherever they are embedded. Choose one of five campaign types: advertisement banner, promotional prompt, newsletter subscription, social media prompt or sponsor logo and invite your audience back to your website or social media page.
I can’t see the buttons and/or caption on my SmartFrame
Make sure that you have selected a Theme which includes buttons and caption, for example the Presentation or Security Theme – remember that some elements of the SmartFrame may be visible only on the mouse-over. You can easily check which Theme is used in the SmartFrame settings:
Keep in mind that if you leave the image caption field empty, the caption will not be displayed on the SmartFrame. If the caption and/or buttons still aren’t visible on your page, it may be that the WordPress Theme you’re using is not fully compatible with SmartFrame. SmartFrame has been tested with 13 of the most popular WordPress themes: Avada, Enfold, The7, X | The theme, BeTheme, Astra, Writee, GeneratePress, Neve, Reykjavik, Cali, Didi Lite, OceanWP. If your WordPress theme is not compatible with SmartFrame, please contact us directly and we’ll help you find a solution as quickly as possible.
My website is not working properly or it stopped working
If your website stopped working or your pages are not loading correctly, it may be that you’re using an external plugin not fully compatible with SmartFrame. We suggest you to disable your plugins one by one and check which one creates conflicts with SmartFrame: if you discover a not compatible one, please let us know and we’ll find a solution as quickly as possible.