Web Developer / Website Lead
Old Street, London
SmartFrame Technologies are on the hunt for a Front-End Web Developer with a Web Owner background to join our growing London team. The successful candidate will have an extensive portfolio of planning and delivering B2B websites that result in new business acquisition.
To meet our requirements, you will deliver a solutions-oriented approach, become an integral member of the team and have proven ability to maximise the engagement with and enthusiasm for our customer facing website from stakeholders around the organisation and most importantly the incoming traffic originating from marketing initiatives including SEO and organic traffic. The primary responsibility of the role will be maintaining, improving and further developing a unique website that meets our company objectives, strategy and targets.
Working within a multidisciplinary team across Berlin, Krakow and London your team will include our Lead Designer, Marketing Head, Head of Product, UX/UI designers, development and external SEO team. Together you’ll create a cutting-edge B2B website that ensures customer acquisition and low bounce rates whilst clearly explaining our complex, multi-faceted technical product. You will be expected to take into account analytics on a continual basis being extremely critical of all data and its origins. You’ll use this information to drive and continually deliver an improved user experience with month on month figure growth until maximum effectiveness is reached.
We expect you to have excellent HTML/CSS knowledge, a sound understanding of web standards and best practices, and very good knowledge of WordPress. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, and who is equally comfortable working independently, in a team, or as a team leader on projects, when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems
- You will be in constant communication with your immediate and the wider team
- Staying on top of emerging technologies/industry trends and applying them into operations and activities
- Work closely with our Design Lead to match visual design intent
- Experience with analytics, user tracking, and A/B testing and ability to use this data to optimise conversions
Web Developer Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years’ experience developing websites resulting in customer conversions
- Prior experience in configuring and maintaining WordPress websites
- Knowledge of PHP sufficient to create, configure and maintain WordPress layouts and themes
- Experienced delivering responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Strong knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Must have an excellent eye for detail and good creative capacity, working closely with our Lead Designer to bring design layouts to fruition via our WordPress site
- Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Web User Interface Design (UI), Multimedia Content Development
Additional bonus skills
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organisational units
- Back end coding of Web Services and APIs
- A strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications
To apply please send a CV and links to some of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org