Business Development Manager
Old Street, London
Business Development Manager
SmartFrame, is a tech startup aiming to redefine the digital image standard. Backed by some of the UK’s leading independent investors, we work with content creators, content platforms, brands and partners to provide a new, secure, controlled and visually incredible means of displaying image content. We’re now looking for an experienced and motivated Sales Manager to join our growing team. With a passion for selling new technology and the drive for building and delivering new client business, you will own and drive our relationships across Corporate and Multinational brands.
What you’ll be doing
Working with the Business Development Director to build, nurture and deliver an ever growing number of client opportunities within the UK and beyond. You will have the flexibility to set and then execute the New Business strategy for Brand clients and Partners.
What will you be selling and what are the issues SmartFrame addresses
SmartFrame is a SaaS business sold on a licence basis either direct to brands or indirectly through partners such as Brand Protection / Anti Counterfeit providers and IP Law firms.
At its core, SmartFrame enables Brands to secure and centrally control their images online helping address two fundamental issues:
- Counterfeit and Fraudulent sales: A large percentage of counterfeit and fraudulent sales online are facilitated through the use of genuine images stolen from Brand owner websites. SmartFrame prevents the copying and theft of those images, diminishing the potential threat of non genuine sales
- Digital Channel Management / Brand Consistency: SmartFrame enables brands to centrally control and manage the distribution of images. Brands can determine where and by whom their images can be viewed and any updates are centrally ‘pushed’ ensuring Brand Images are consistent wherever they are genuinely used.
Who you’ll work with
Aside from the Business Development Director, this will be the first hire into our new Commercial team based close to Old Street in central London. Across the wider team you’ll be working closely with an incredible group of people comprising our Marketing & Operations (London), Product (Berlin) and Technology (Krakow).
- Within the parameters of the SmartFrame business strategy, develop and execute a sales strategy to deliver an agreed set of financial and non-financial objectives
- Identify new and close pre-existing client opportunities to meet or exceed revenue targets.
- Act as the ‘voice of the customer’ within SmartFrame to help continually refine and improve our customer communication, collateral and resources
- 3-5 years experience successfully selling SaaS to early to mid-stage adopters.
- Experience of selling into major brands with buyers either in:
- IP / Brand Protection
- Brand / Content Marketing
- Responsible enough to take a set of objectives and ‘own them’
- Organised and energetic. This role will require a significant amount of cold calling to begin with
- Passionate, articulate and acts with integrity
- Experience with SalesForce, MS Dynamics or similar
- International travel will be required
- NB: The role will start as UK based, but may geographically expand depending on the candidate.
What we offer
Aside from the opportunity to work with an incredible group of people, SmartFrame offers:
- A friendly and no-nonsense working environment
- Great office facilities (London) including an onsite Barista, access to WeWork events, discounted activities and free beer and cider after 2pm every day
- Access to a share options scheme
- Company MacBook
- 20 days holiday
- Access to the company pension scheme
To apply please send a CV and links to some of your work to: email@example.com